The dedicated and skilled staff members of Respiratory Care Services evaluate, treat and care for patients with breathing problems. The department is fully equipped and staffed to meet the needs of our community and is an integral part of our healthcare team. Our Therapists strive to provide the highest quality care with compassion, professionalism and a commitment to customer service.
Respiratory Care Services include:
- Medication administration and education
- Oxygen administration and monitoring for appropriate blood levels
- Post-operative support to reduce breathing complications
- Inpatient smoking cessation counseling and support
- Emergency care for victims of heart attack, stroke and trauma
- Breathing support via a ventilator for those who are unable to breathe on their own
- Lung function testing
- Patient education on normal and abnormal lung function
Our Pulmonary Lab utilizes high tech equipment to provide physicians valuable information to help diagnose breathing problems and determine the best plan to care for patients.
Special features include:
- Pulmonary Function lab staffed with Respiratory Therapist additionally certified in Pulmonary Function Testing
- Electronic storage and retrieval of test results through Physician Portal system
Our Pulmonary Function Testing Lab is now located in our Medical Arts Building. Patients should park in Lot B, located in the back of the building, then take the elevator to the 2nd floor. The lab is located in Suite 210. Please call Central Scheduling at 315-624-4600 to schedule an appointment.